General questions about the handling of data privacy are answered by this EU guide to the individual’s right to general data protection.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONSENT
We would like you to know your principal rights under EU data protection law:
- The right to access: You have the right to confirm the personal data we hold about you and we will be please to provide access if you request it.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you corrected and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- The right to erasure: This is also known as the “right to be forgotten.” You have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay for any reason. There are a few exceptions to this right, required to comply with certain legal obligations or provide defense against a legal claim. Again, all interested parties will be informed fully.
- The right to restrict processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data; or we no longer need the data, but you would like it retained for legal reasons.
- The right to object to processing: If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal information, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests. Again, in the unlikely event of this happening, we would be in discussion about such and you can be assured of complete transparency and disclosure.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). We do not use your data for such, beyond the provision of books, reports, and other member services. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority: If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes any data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
- The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to the provision of your data at any time. Should you wish to unscribe, feel free to write us at SignalEditorial@gmail.com. In the subject line, write “Please unsubscribe [email address]”
Our website and services are targeted at people over the age of 16. If we have reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete it.
HOW TO OPT-OUT OF EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
You may always opt-out of receiving future commercial emails and newsletters from Signal Press. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the email you receive. You may also opt out of receiving further communications from us by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Signal Press takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our Sites at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
If you have any questions or concerns about our handling of data, please e-mail us using the contact form: SignalEditorial@gmail.com